Google Chromium Team rocks!

So I noticed an issue with Google Chromium and it not updating the cached entry with new headers on a HTTP 304 response. So I logged the issue last weekend and bang! 6 days later the issue is resolved and I have a new version of the browser on my desktop.

Not only was the process super fast but I watched the fix being discussed then applied. I looked at the code change and the unit tests being updated all as it happened. Needless to same I am very impressed.

Interestingly I noticed the same issue with Opera and logged an issue with the exact same details on the same day, unfortunately Opera’s bug tracking system is private and so I have no idea if the issue is even being looked at. When they do eventually fix the issue I’ll still have to wait for sometime as they don’t have a public build server for me to download and try the fix before an official release.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.