So given the above, the forces I am trying to balance are
- Make it easy for people to do the right thing, hard to do the wrong thing.
- Make it valuable (Finds more bugs than false alarms)
- Make it resilient (Allows me to refactor like the true crazy person I am)
- Make it fast (Magnify it’s value rather deminishing it)
- Make it good enough (Give me enough confidence to do more crazy stuff but don’t become dogmatic)
- Allow people to do what they are good at
Next I’ll talk about how the default setup I use to do, in-memory, out of container testing.